Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walking with Children

My children like to walk in front of me. Everywhere we go is a race. The first one there wins and there is no consolation prize. In the movies, parents walk hand in hand with their children into the sunset, or wherever it is that they are going. With my kids, I am always trying to keep up by either slowing down or yelling hopeless threats from behind. “If you don't stop right there, I am not going for a walk with you again!.” They are too smart to really believe me. Every once in a while they do actually stop. Once I am within ten feet of them, they take off running. It doesn't bother me too much. I would rather have them trying to beat me home than to have no desire to go out with me in the first place. Next time maybe I will run.

150 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please limit comments to 150 words or less. Thanks and keep it clean.