Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chase Bank's Overdraft Fee and Refund Policy

Chase bank charges between $33 and $35 for each overdraft transaction. How do I know this, because I received three such charges yesterday. Unfortunately, they have a courtesy refund policy that allows for the removal of a maximum of two fees. Well, almost. In fact, they have a fixed dollar maximum, $70 that they will refund as a one time courtesy to good customers. What this meant was that I was charged three occurrences of $33 dollars for a total of $99. The customer service agent was generous enough to give me the full refund of $70 dollars, leaving me with a $29 fee for my mistake. In the end, a supervisor was able to refund that amount, not as a courtesy, but because I was supposed to have overdraft protection, but when Chase bought WAMU, it never transferred. In a nutshell, this is Chase Bank's overdraft and refund policy.

150 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please limit comments to 150 words or less. Thanks and keep it clean.