Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Building Together

I started building things with my son this week. The first project, a catapult. For Christmas, our family received an Erector set. I requested it. All of the kids have been showing a lot of interest in building things, mostly with Legos. I wanted them to turn it up a level and get into building and designing things that weren't static, but could do things and go places. My son was immediately drawn to the catapult. A machine for throwing things was his idea of a great project. We worked very well together, he practiced screwing pieces together using the Allen wrenches and I worked to decipher the instructions. It took us the better part of an half hour to put it together. It led to hours of fun, especially when we discovered that the best projectiles were jelly beans. As they say, a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please limit comments to 150 words or less. Thanks and keep it clean.