Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

About 150 Words

I am setting out to write around 150 words a day. I haven't written regularly since college, but have always enjoyed doing so. So here I am trying to resurrect the habit from school, but not so much that it really takes over my life. Someone suggested that I write a certain number of words a day, just free writing about whatever comes to mind, but to limit the number of words. I chose 150, hopefully this can serve as useful practice for my budding writing skills.
Why 150? It seems about right, 10 to 15 sentences should be long enough to make simple, clear and short statements while avoiding citations or serious research. And mostly because it will force me to keep this short and concise and not inundate the inter-webs with yet another overly verbose, inane line of self gratification. I guess we will see how that goes.

150 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please limit comments to 150 words or less. Thanks and keep it clean.